With one click, Skype users can connect to the Internet through a WiFi operator partner in over 500,000 hotspots around the globe including 500 airports, 30,000 hotels and numerous cafes, trains, planes, offices buildings, and convention centers. Whether in a neighbourhood cafe or in the airport on a business trip, you can quickly connect to the Internet for voice and video calls, email, or simply surfing the web.
Rather than paying costly per day or per hour Internet access fees, Skype Access allows you to pay per minute using Skype Credit to control your costs at rates starting at £.04 /€.05/$.06per minute**. All you need is a connection to a Skype Access compatible hotspot and the latest version of Skype for Mac or Windows.
The list of WiFi partners is:
- BT Openzone – The UK’s largest WiFi hotspot provider with a network of two million hotspots
- Fon – The world’s largest WiFi network with over 3.35 million Fon Spots across the globe
- M3 Connect – WiFi provider in Germany with hotspots in many hotels, fairgrounds, airports and places like the German Stock Exchange
- Row 44 – Provides the world’s leading in-flight broadband platform to commercial airlines around the world
- Skyrove – WiFi hotspot solutions for Guesthouses, Hotels and Coffee Shops throughout South Africa.
- Spectrum Interactive – Specializes in offering WiFi for the travel and media sector including airports and hotels across the UK
- Tomizone – WiFi provider in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific
- Vex – Offers WiFi services in thousands of locations around the world including South America