Huawei have shown off their new 7″ tablet running Android 3.2 at CommunicAsia in Singapore dubbed the ‘MediaPad’. The world isn’t exactly short of 7″ android tablets at the moment, so you need something extra to get people interested, and Huawei have managed that with the Android 3.2 running on the device – something not even officially announced by the Android mothership Google yet.
Huawei say that Android 3.2 is essentially the same as 3.1, but specifically tailored to 7-inch tablets as opposed to 10-inch.
Specifications from the MediaPad official page are:
- Qualcomm 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 7-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen
- Integrated HSPA (14.4 Mbps), 802.11n Wi-Fi
- 1080p playback and HDMI output
- 5 megapixel rear camera with auto-focus, HD video recording, 1.3 megapixel front camera
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 10.5 mm thick, weighs 0.86 pounds
- Access to Huawei’s Hi-Space cloud solution
For some reason its being billed on some sites as an iPad competitor which it definitely isn’t the 7″ factor will be looking to takeover the king of small tablets from the Galaxy Tab and the Dell Streak 7. More in the YouTube promotional video below:
Scouring the internet for mobile tech, news & tips!