After the Mango details event, Microsoft assured us that what had been revelealed was not the entire list of updates, and yesterday on the Windows Phone Blog they’ve revealed more details on the previously briefly announced updates and changes coming to the Games Hub – the Xbox Live connected games centre.
The article entitle “Upping our game” details updates to the Games Hub such as a new “cleaner and lighter design” and improvements in the overall performance and speed.
Check out the full list yourself, but a summary of the updates is:
- Improved Collection View – smaller icons for games in a list view
- New 3D Avatars with attitude – With XNA/Silverlight in a single app, your 3D Avatar is now “built in” with more functionality and movement
- Improved Xbox LIVE messaging – Word suggest/complete is now built in, you can communicate with other Xbox LIVE members on PC, phones or console. “If a message contains certain emoticons (e.g. Smile, Sad smile), you’ll notice your avatar’s expression change to reflect that emotion! (If a sender overloads a message with conflicting emoticons, your avatar will look bewildered.”
- Connect with Xbox LIVE friends
- Integrated achievements and new comparison views
- Edit your profile
- Improved Spotlight content
- Improved game request notifications: In Mango, you’ll receive notifications for multiplayer game or turn requests and can track them in the Requests section of the Games Hub.
Lover of all things relating to Social Media, writer for TechontheGo.co.uk, and keen poker player.