A nice infographic by Tripl, entitled The Social Travel Revolution, shows that around 155 million US citizens (50%) have a Facebook account, while only 115 million (37%) have a passport.
Other snippets of information from the graphic include:
- 72 percent of social network users access their social networking sites on a daily basis while traveling (though only 7 percent use mobile Internet while traveling)
- One million passengers will board flights that have Gogo Wi-Fi this year
- 69 percent of travel companies have seen traffic growth from Facebook
- 46 percent of travel companies have seen traffic growth from Twitter
- The top five airlines have a total of over 2.5 million Facebook fans (Southwest, United Airlines, Lufthansa, American Airlines and Delta Airlines)
The full graphic is after the break, but be warned it’s huge!
Lover of all things relating to Social Media, writer for TechontheGo.co.uk, and keen poker player.