Mozilla yesterday released their updated Firefox Browser now at Version 7, continuing their rapid update cycle after V6 was only released 6th August. The new version includes improved memory handling, new rendering backend and improved sync speed.
Key features are below:
- Drastically improved memory handling for certain use cases
- Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
- Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync
- The ‘http://’ URL prefix is now hidden by default
- Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- Added support for the Web Timing specification
- Enhanced support for MathML
- The WebSocket protocol has been updated from version 7 to version 8
- Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Scouring the internet for mobile tech, news & tips!