The Samsung Galaxy Note is a rather strange device with a 5.4-inch touchscreen that is too large for a smartphone and too small for a tablet. What kind of users is this device targeted at? What advantages and shortcomings does it have? Should you buy it?
I’ll try to find the answers to these questions in this post. Just let me note that this isn’t going to be a Samsung Galaxy Note review – you can find many professional and user reviews online, so in this article I’ll only try to discover the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Note.
1. If you can’t decide whether you want a smartphone or a tablet (or if you can’t afford buying both), the Samsung Galaxy Note is the right choice for you, since you can use it both as a huge smartphone and as a small tablet.
2. If you like reading from your phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note is definitely what you need – with a couple of good apps it will replace any e-book.
3. If you want a really small tablet that can be carried in a pocket and easily hidden, maybe you should buy the Galaxy Note – it’s even smaller than the 7-inch HTC Flyer.
4. If you love using a Stylus, the Galaxy Note is again a good choice for you, though you can use your fingers on it, too.
5. If you love big and recognizable devices and if you want to show off your phone, the Galaxy Note is again the right device to do it.
6. If you’re a big fan of Android devices and all the apps created for this OS, the Samsung Galaxy Note can be a good choice for you.
1. If you’re sure you want either a smartphone or a tablet, buying “something in between” doesn’t seem to be a good idea. If you want a tablet, better buy the iPad 2, and if you want a smartphone, maybe you should pay attention to one of the newest Samsung smartphones like the Galaxy Nexus.
3. If you’re not cautious enough with your phones, better not buy the Samsung Galaxy Note. They say it has a very delicate screen that will shatter if you accidentally drop it.
4. If you want to buy a phone and use it during the next two or three years, don’t buy the Samsung Galaxy Note – you’ll most likely get tired of it rather soon.
5. If you want to buy a device, use it for several months and then resell it, don’t buy the Galaxy Note – reselling it after months will most likely be a problem, since its price will fall.
6. If you’re not an Android fan, don’t even think of buying this device, even if you want a tablet or “something in between.” Better buy an Apple device – either a phone or a tablet.
So, as we can see, the Samsung Galaxy Note has 6 pros and 6 cons. Should you buy it or not – it’s up to you now.
Scouring the internet for mobile tech, news & tips!