Today Cat® phones has unveiled its new flagship thermal imaging smartphone, the Cat S62 Pro, incorporating the highest resolution integrated Lepton® from FLIR systems available.
The Cat S62 Pro is the third generation of the Cat 60 series and builds on the design and experiences and learnings of the first two models.
The S62 Pro exclusively showcases the latest in Thermal by FLIR® technology. Powered by the FLIR Lepton 3.5 and the new MyFLIR™ Pro app, the Cat S62 Pro offers a huge four-fold increase in the number of thermal pixels and an unmatched feature set within the application. It picks up heat and measures surface temperatures from a distance of up to 30m!
With isotherm alarming you can monitor a custom temperature range (anything between -20°C to +400°C) and add alarms to alert you when something falls within that range – hugely useful when watching for machinery to reach a specified temperature, screening for unusually elevated temperature, or even if the BBQ is up to temperature.
For the first time, professionals and consumers can access FLIR Systems’ VividIR™ image processing, enhanced MSX® (Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging), and visible-to-thermal blending technologies integrated into their smartphone. Users can now vary the intensity of MSX, which overlays visual outline detail from the scene onto the thermal image or use the new alpha blending feature to combine thermal detail with the visual image from the Sony dual-pixel camera. Together these upgrades deliver dramatically enhanced image quality, sharper images, and higher thermal resolution to provide greater context and understanding of the thermal image you are seeing.
Tested to Cat phones’ demanding, market-leading rugged standards, the Cat S62 Pro is incredibly tough. It achieves and surpasses an ingress protection rating of IP68, and US military standard, Mil Spec 810H. It has undergone rigorous testing including repeated drop tests from 1.8m onto steel, with multiple drops onto every side and corner, as well as extensive waterproof, dirt and dust proof, temperature extreme survivability, and vibration and tumble tests. It’s hygienic too – it can be fully submerged and easily washed with soaps and disinfectants, or cleaned with alcohol wipes.
There are also upgrades to the Cat S62 Pro’s display, now 5.7″ FHD+ (18×9), and to the memory, now 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. With a faster Qualcomm chipset, Android™ 10, and a large, optimised battery, the Cat S62 Pro is also fully enterprise ready. It supports Android Enterprise features, including Zero-touch, and has undergone a series of enrolment and policy provisioning tests with leading EMM solutions.
The S62 Pro represents a step change in mobile thermal imaging, and the pinnacle of innovation, functional design and rugged durability. Use it to discover more about the world around you, to help locate and diagnose the damp, the draught, the leak, the hotspot, the electrical short, the blockage or the elevated temperature; monitor, diagnose, reveal and save time.
Cat S62 Pro Key Specifications
- Integrated FLIR thermal camera
(Lepton 3.5 professional grade camera, 1440 x 1080 HD output with VividIR, Measurable range -20°C to 400°C)
- Powerful 4,000mAh battery
- Water / Dust proof (IP68), Drop tested to 1.8M onto steel, MIL SPEC 810H, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6
- Waterproof Smartphone – up to 1.5 meters for 35 minutes
- Super Bright 5.7″ FHD+ 18×9 display optimised for outdoor use with a touchscreen that can be used with wet fingers or when wearing gloves
- Android™ 10 (with upgrade to 11)
- 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD™)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, 2.0GHz octa-core processor
- 12MP Sony dual pixel rear camera, 8MP front camera
- LTE Cat 13, VoLTE, VoWiFi, ViLTE
- Hardwearing, non-slip rubberised TPU back
- Programmable Shortcut Key useful for Push to Talk (PTT), SOS (Lone worker app), or to easily launch its torch or camera
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Curated apps and content catalogue
- Dual and single SIM variants – Nano SIM + microSD™ (separate microSD and SIM slots)
- 2-year warranty
The Cat S62 Pro smartphone has an MSRP of €649 / £599 / $749 and will be available to buy via www.catphones.com and multiple retailers and operators.
Scouring the internet for mobile tech, news & tips!