We wrote back in September about the Vodafone and Disney collaboration to create a premium kids smart watch. Today we learnt some more about the Vodafone and Disney Smartwatch Neo project as details were confirmed, along with a January 2021 launch date.
‘Neo’, the smart kids watch that will ensure parents and guardians stay connected with their children, engaging them through calls, chats, familiar characters and emojis, whilst giving kids a sense of independence as they take their first step into the digital world.
A built-in forward-facing camera lets kids capture their daily adventures, while the activity tracker logs activity and sets a goal to encourage them to get on their feet. Most importantly, parents can stay connected with their children even when apart with calls, chat and video messages.
Through Disney characters and content, kids can personalise their Neo experience by choosing their own ‘sidekick’ from a selection of familiar characters, including Minnie Mouse, Elsa, Buzz Lightyear, Darth Vader, the Armoured Avenger, and the Child from the recently launched and highly successful Disney+ series, The Mandalorian. Kids can switch to another character whenever they like, with a full theme takeover to match each character. The watch will automatically update over time with additional characters and experiences at no charge.
Neo Key Features
- Packed full of Vodafone technology providing parental control and peace of mind, along with a Disney experience to empower and entertain children
- Neo features some of the most popular Disney characters of all time from the worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars, including Minnie Mouse, Elsa, Buzz Lightyear, Darth Vader, the Child and the Armoured Avenger – who come to life at the touch of a button
- Designed by Vodafone in collaboration with globally renowned design studio fuseproject, led by Yves Béhar, and featuring a software experience from world class designers at Vodafone and Disney
- Neo is the latest member of the Designed and Connected by Vodafone range, powered by the Vodafone Smart App to create a connected ecosystem enabling multiple use cases and cross-device intelligence
- Up to 48 hours standby battery, Waterproof (IP68), 5MP camera.
Lutfu Kitapci, Managing Director, Vodafone Smart Tech said:
As a flagship product, Neo underlines Vodafone’s investment in the smart tech category.
Neo is the latest product to join the Designed and Connected by Vodafone range which started with the launch of the Vodafone Curve back in July 2020.
Vodafone and Disney Smartwatch Neo Cost
The Neo smartwatch is expected to cost £99.00 upfront with a monthly subscription cost from £7.00/month for a minimum of 24 months or £12 monthly for a minimum of 12 months, and will be available in early 2021
>> Official Vodafone Neo Smartwatch website (pre-registration available)
Scouring the internet for mobile tech, news & tips!