To keep its naming strategy simple, the new ranges each has a ’10’ and ’20’ model, which means specifically for early 2021 there’s a C10, C20, G10, G20, X10 and X20.
Nokia Launches New Phones for 2021 – Ranges
– X-series: Nokia X20 and Nokia X10 – refined quality and experiences that you will love, with extra durability
– G-series: Nokia G20 and Nokia G10 – innovative features in a reassuringly secure package, supported by longest battery life yet
– C-series: Nokia C10 and Nokia C20 – smartphone essentials you’ll want to keep for many years thanks to their signature durability
Nokia C Series
The C-series is the most budget-friendly option and keeps things simple in terms of features. Both the C10 and C20 feature a 6.5-inch LCD 720p display with a v-shaped notch at the top for the selfie camera.
They both feature 5-megapixel front and rear cameras for snapping photos and selfies, and feature removable 3000mAh batteries. Both are also powered by low-end Unisoc processors with the C20 featuring a slightly more powerful version.
- Android 11 (Go edition)
- 6.5-inch HD+ (720p) display
- 5MP front and back cameras
- Removable 3000mAh battery
Nokia G Series
The G-series steps things up a bit from the C-series and offers Mediatek chipsets instead of the Unisoc silicon. They also add the benefit of extra battery life and more cameras on the back.
Both phones feature a non-removable 5050mAh battery which Nokia says will get you through three days before needing to be plugged in to charge again.
- Three day battery – 5050mAh
- Mediatek G25/G35 processor
- 6.5-inch HD+ (720p) display
- Triple/quad camera systems
Nokia X Series
On to the top tier of this new, affordable phone family: the X series. They come with the Snapdragon 480 5G processor, which means that not only should they be more powerful than the other two ranges,but they come with 5G too.
X series doesn’t just up the ante in terms of processing power though, it features a larger, sharper FHD+ display and comes with better cameras on the back.
- Snapdragon 480 5G processor
- Android 11
- 6.67-inch FHD+ display (1080p)
- Quad cameras with Zeiss optics
- 4470mAh battery with 18W charging
Florian Seiche, CEO, HMD Global:
Today is more momentous than a regular product launch. The past 12 months have no doubt been challenging, yet they also gave us a moment to pause, think and prepare for the next big step in our start-up journey.
New 2021 Nokia’s – Durability Test
Check out this video of the Nokia team testing these phones for durability. We are so reliant on our phones that we touch them an average of 142 times a day, and many of us drop them frequently too! It’s important to have a phone that’s incredibly well built and durable, and Nokia have released this video showing exactly what lengths they go to in testing their new handsets.
>> The six new affordable Nokia smartphones will be available from mid-April on the official Nokia website.
I do marketing and tech things. Despite my profile picture, I don’t live my life in Instagram