The Amazon Fire tablets are a perfect first tablet for kids, or spare tablet to have around the house. The new Amazon Fire 7 and Fire 7 kids tablets build on their hugely popular base with some improved features while retaining their low price point.
In addition to a two-year worry-free guarantee, it comes with a one-year Amazon Kids+ subscription, allowing kids to discover fun and educational content and giving parents peace of mind with age-appropriate content.
Key Updated Features of the new Fire 7 and Fire 7 Kids are:
- Faster performance—Fire 7 has a 30% faster 2.0 GHz quad-core processor and double the RAM than the previous generation so you can quickly get back to your game or jump between apps.
- Longer battery life—Now with 40% more battery life than the previous generation for up to 10 hours of browsing, watching videos, and more. Available with USB-C and 5W in-box adapter for easier charging.
- Thin, light, and durable—With a 7-inch touchscreen, Fire 7 is easy to carry around and stands up against drops, tumbles, spills, and everyday wear and tear, testing twice as durable as iPad Mini (2021) in tumble tests.
- Access to entertainment—Watch or download films and TV shows on Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video and BBC iPlayer. You can also enjoy popular apps like TikTok, make Zoom or Alexa calls, connect with friends over Facebook or Instagram, browse the web, read eBooks, or play games.
- Kindle content—With Android Dark theme support, customers can comfortably read anytime, day or night, with a white-on-black mode. Enjoy millions of books from the Kindle Store and a three-month free trial of Kindle Unlimited if you subscribe to the service during the setup of your new Fire tablet 7.
- Stay connected—Optimised for video calls in landscape mode, with 2MP front and rear-facing HD cameras with 720p HD video recording for photos and video calls.
- Better with Alexa—Just by saying “Alexa,” customers can ask to play videos and music, open apps, shop online, check the weather, access compatible smart home devices, call or message almost anyone, and much more. Designed with your privacy in mind, you have control of your Alexa settings and can turn off hands-free mode at any time. Learn more about Alexa privacy.
- Climate Pledge Friendly—As part of our commitment to The Climate Pledge, Fire 7 tablets are certified by Carbon Trust’s “Reducing CO2” Product Carbon Footprint Label, with a design that reflects de-carbonisation efforts in line with The Climate Pledge. In addition, Fire 7 tablets feature 35% post-consumer recycled plastics, and 95% of its packaging is made of wood fibre-based materials from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources.
Fire Kids Tablet
Kids have access to content from National Geographic, KeyStageFun, Collins Big Cat, and Horrid Henry, Amazon Kids+ Original series like Blippi’s Treehouse and Lego Monkie Kid, and original games like Do, Re, & Mi.
Parents and guardians can use the Amazon Parent Dashboard to easily manage their kids’ screen time and set educational goals, age filters, and time limits for both weekdays and weekends. In addition, kids are able to use the Fire 7 Kids as a calling device with contacts approved by their parents to connect with remote loved ones.
The new New Amazon Fire 7 and Fire 7 Kids Tablets are the same solid offering from Amazon updated for 2022 with better screen and internal components which has produced something much better and lighter and longer lasting. If you’re Fire tablet is a few years old this is a solid update you should consider.
I do marketing and tech things. Despite my profile picture, I don’t live my life in Instagram